You can bet that the people at Activision, the people who publish the first-person shooter game Call of Duty 4, arerubbing their hands with glee. A map extension pack they produced for the game Call of Duty 4 has been downloaded over a million times in just nine days through the Xbox Live service. That’s a record for the Xbox Live Marketplace. Between April 4 and 12users racked up a spectacular 30 million sessions with more than 32 million hours of gameplay on the maps. According to figures, the game was already the best-seller of last year, with morethan nine million units paid for over the counter. Will Kassoy, senior vice president of global brand management at Activision Publishing, said, "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfaredelivers one of the best online multiplayer experiences ever. We are excited to be able to expand that experience and deliver a new variety of locations and environments which have all the intensityfans have come to expect with Call of Duty."
- ‘Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered’ reportedly on the way
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ reportedly drops its single-player campaign
- Activision has no idea what to do with Call of Duty
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ has sold 30M copies, but fewer people are playing
- Call of Duty will reportedly continue in 2018 with ‘Black Ops 4’