This may well be the most unusual and random news of the week. TikGames, a California-based developer that specializes in casual and mobile games, is working on an interactive treatment of Child’s Play. You know, that ridiculous series of horror movies about a creepy-looking, homicidal doll named Chucky. The series has seen five movies released since the first one arrived in 1988, but there’s never been a video game for it.
TikGames intends to correct that with its untitled Chucky game, according to Kotaku. No details are offered on how the game will work or fit into the larger series’ mythology. Chucky is a pretty malevolent fellow though, a toy possessed by the spirit of an executed serial killer. Put players in control of him… I don’t see any scenario in which he could be framed as a hero or even an antihero. Which isn’t to say you should write the game off, but TikGames is going to have to crack its way around that issue. The team seems confident though.
“We’re proud to be able to bring a fan-favorite movie character, such as Chucky, to gaming platforms,” TikGames co-founder and vice president Alex Tikhman said in a statement. “Fans have been asking for a Chucky game for years and, soon, gamers around the world will be able to enjoy highly-entertaining, interactive, downright gory experiences with this brand.”
- Truly creative A.I. is just around the corner. Here’s why that’s a big deal
- From Trump haircuts to lawn mowers, ‘Sounds Fun’ is an Alexa game about noises
- Upcoming VR game ‘Beat Saber’ is basically Guitar Hero with lightsabers
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- These are the 8 best games we saw at PlayStation Experience 2017