Read our full Destiny review.
The Destiny beta has been out for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 since July 17, but it will be offline for maintenance for the next two days, according to Bungie’s Twitter feed. This move gives Bungie some time to clean things up ahead of the launch of the Xbox 360 and Xbox One beta on Wednesday. The PlayStatoin beta will be back up and running at 1pm EST on July 23, which is also when the Microsoft consoles’ beta will begin.
We are beginning the process of taking the Destiny Beta offline for maintenance. It shall return on 7/23 for all registered testers.
— Bungie (@Bungie) July 21, 2014
This is expected to be the only interruption in service, with the beta continuing until Monday July 28 at 2:59am EST.
The beta has already held special Iron Banner events in the Crucible. There’s also a Beta Rally scheduled for Saturday, July 26 at 5pm EST where players who participate will receive an exclusive emblem that carries over to the retail release of the game.
While you wait for the beta to return (or for your first crack at it, Xbox users), take a look at our exclusive chat with Bungie engineer Roger Wolfson on the difficulties of delivering the game across multiple console generations.
- Join us as we live-stream the ‘Sea of Thieves’ closed beta
- The final ‘Sea of Thieves’ Xbox One and PC beta is available now
- Xbox Game Pass to get all future first-party Xbox One games at release
- The best game console you can buy right now
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?