Xur is sticking around in the Tower until Monday, December 29, at 10pm PT, Bungie confirms.
Every Destiny fan looks forward to Friday morning, when Xur, Agent of the Nine, takes up residence in the game’s social hub, the Tower, for two days. Xur sells some of the game’s rarest gear, as well as upgrades for the same, and his selection of goods changes with each new week.
This turns every Xur visit into an event, but it also means that many PlayStation and Xbox users affected by the Christmas outages on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live, respectively, are out of luck. Or they would be, if Bungie hadn’t extended Xur’s stay.
“We understand that Xur has been hard to reach for a lot of you this weekend, so we’re going to extend his stay,” Bungie community manager David “Deej” Dague writes on Bungie.net. “Our current plan is to allow him to remain in the Tower with his current inventory until Monday night at 10pm PST, just before the weekly reset. We’ll also keep an eye on the overall situation, and prolong the extension, as needed, for as long as is feasible.”
So there you have it, folks. Get to spending those Strange Coins while the getting’s good!
- Love is in the air with the ‘Destiny 2’ Crimson Days event
- ‘Destiny 2’ players will have to wait a bit longer for new Nightfall rewards
- New scoring system gives you a reason to replay ‘Destiny 2’ Nightfall strikes
- 5 romantic gestures you can make to your significant other in video games
- Bungie outlines its plan for ‘Destiny 2’ content through May