The upcoming reboot of the Devil May Cry game franchise is still a few months from hitting shelves, but Capcom has already announced one big piece of downloadable content that will be available after the debut of DmC: Devil May Cry.
Titled “Vergil’s Downfall,” the new DLC will let players take on the role of Vergil, Dante’s twin brother from the series. The DLC will cost 720 MS Points or $8.99 on the PlayStation Network and will reportedly contain several hours of new, unique gameplay with a storyline and special weapons, enemies, combos, and settings tailored to the character.
Given that Vergil has been one of the chief villains of the franchise up to this point, the DLC is likely to provide some answers for anyone wondering how he strayed so far from his brother’s heroic ways.
You can watch a trailer for “Vergil’s Downfall” below, with the DLC expected to be available just after the launch of DmC: Devil May Cry on January 15. Anyone who pre-orders the game at GameStop will receive a free code for the DLC.
- Devil May Cry 5 is fantastic, but DmC: Devil May Cry’s message is more relevant
- Everything we know about Devil May Cry 5
- DMC 5’s greatness is a reminder of all the open world games that wasted my time
- Devil May Cry is an aging series, but its demon hunters still party hard
- The best Xbox One games you can get right now