Variety reports that Cooper is in negotiations to co-star in the film based on the popular racing game franchise, and would play a former NASCAR driver who uses his wealthy connections to make a business out of building suped-up cars. The script for the film isn’t based on any specific installments of the Need For Speed franchise, but as long as there are fast cars and some action-packed races, it’s a safe bet that the film will stay faithful to the tone of the games.
If he’s cast in the role, Cooper will join Breaking Bad actor Aaron Paul in the film. Paul plays an underground racer who’s framed for his best friend’s murder and later goes after the real killers. Imogen Poots of Fright Night is also in talks to join the film, which will be directed by Act Of Valor filmmaker Scott Waugh.
The latest installment of the game franchise, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, hit shelves October 30. Looking forward, the Need For Speed movie isn’t expected to hit theaters until February 7, 2014.
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ so far
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- From the silver screen to your TV, these are the best movies on HBO
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now