After announcing last fall that it would drop Tiger Woods as the namesake for its golf franchise, EA brought the next iteration of the series to E3 with a new name and a new look. EA Sports PGA Tour will be the first post-Tiger Woods golf game from the company and is being developed with the Frostbite 3 engine.
EA Sports skipped a 2014 release for its usually annually updated golf franchise, opting to focus on the next generation of the series. We got the first look at what changes are coming at E3 2014. In development for both the PS4 and Xbox One, EA Sports PGA Tour will utilize the Frostbite 3 engine, which has been used to power the biggest titles from EA’s non-sports lineup including Battlefield 4 and Need for Speed: Rivals. It will mark the first sports title to take advantage of the technology.
EA also made note that the new direction of the franchise will include the standard, real life settings that players are accustomed to but will also move into the fantasy realm, allowing virtual golfers to shank shots over the top of battleships.
EA Sports PGA Tour is expected to be available in spring of 2015.
- Next time, try saying it out loud first. 9 of the worst tech product names
- 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback review
- Everything we know about Microsoft’s ‘Andromeda’ Surface Phone device
- Tesla appoints Robyn Denholm as chair, Elon Musk steps down
- Blizzard goes mobile-only for massively multiplayer ‘Diablo Immortal’