Previously unreleased Grand Theft Auto V details are now online, following an assets leak that came from a digital pre-order download of the game on Europe’s PlayStation Network, Sony confirms. “We sincerely apologize to Rockstar and GTA fans across the world who were exposed to the spoiler content,” a PlayStation Blog post reads. Grand Theft Auto V is slated for a September 17, 2013 release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms.
Rockstar Games encourages fans to avoid spoilers in a posting on the studio’s Newswire blog. “As you can imagine, we are deeply disappointed by leaks and spoilers being spread in advance of the game’s launch,” an official Newswire comment reads. “GTAV represents years of hard work by many people across the world, and we all couldn’t be more excited to finally share it with you properly this September 17th.”
The Rockstar comment goes on to remind readers that sharing spoilers or potentially fake information on Newswire prior to September 17 will have commenting privileges revoked “until well after the game’s release.” Why would you want to spoil someone else’s good times anyway? The GTA faithful might want to avoid the Internet entirely until the latest entry in the series launches in a few weeks.
- Battle it out sumo style with the latest ‘Grand Theft Auto Online’ update
- PlayStation Classic includes ‘Metal Gear Solid’ and ‘Grand Theft Auto’
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ online mode gallops into open beta in November
- Grab a comfy saddle — ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ campaign clocks in at 60 hours
- PlayStation 4 celebrates fifth anniversary with ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ bundle