Previously unreleased Grand Theft Auto V details are now online, following an assets leak that came from a digital pre-order download of the game on Europe’s PlayStation Network, Sony confirms. “We sincerely apologize to Rockstar and GTA fans across the world who were exposed to the spoiler content,” a PlayStation Blog post reads. Grand Theft Auto V is slated for a September 17, 2013 release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms.
Rockstar Games encourages fans to avoid spoilers in a posting on the studio’s Newswire blog. “As you can imagine, we are deeply disappointed by leaks and spoilers being spread in advance of the game’s launch,” an official Newswire comment reads. “GTAV represents years of hard work by many people across the world, and we all couldn’t be more excited to finally share it with you properly this September 17th.”
The Rockstar comment goes on to remind readers that sharing spoilers or potentially fake information on Newswire prior to September 17 will have commenting privileges revoked “until well after the game’s release.” Why would you want to spoil someone else’s good times anyway? The GTA faithful might want to avoid the Internet entirely until the latest entry in the series launches in a few weeks.
- ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ still burning rubber after 4 years, tops sales of 90 million
- Start your 57th character when ‘Skyrim VR’ hits Rift and Vive this April
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ suffers another delay, launches October 26
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ rumored to have Battle Royale mode, explorable trains
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?