343 Industries dropped a bomb on Halo Fest attendees this past weekend, revealing that Halo 4, revealed earlier this summer in an E3 trailer, would kick off “The Reclaimer Trilogy,” continuing the story of series protagonist Master Chief and his AI sidekick Cortana. That plot thread has been sidelined in recent years as Bungie wrapped up its commitments to the franchise it created with Halo: ODST and Halo: Reach.
The weekend gathering was far too early for 343 to reveal anything from inside the game, but the studio prepped a couple of behind-the-scenes videos to calm Halo-hungry fans. There’s a general “Halo is awesome!” clip that opened the headlining Halo Fest panel, along with two videos, focusing on the game’s concept art and sound design, respectively. I’d also like to take a moment to point out that this might be the first ever behind-the-scenes video game footage to feature a homemade potato cannon.
- The best Xbox 360 games of all time
- The best Xbox One games, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- The best Nintendo Switch games
- 13 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows
- The best free-to-play games of 2019 will help frugal gamers survive