Fans of the Kingdom Hearts series can beat back the “keep waiting for Kingdom Hearts III blues” in 2014 with the planned worldwide release of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. Much like the recently released Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX, the upcoming offering is actually a collection that features HD-remastered versions of multiple games. This time it’s Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix, along with cutscenes pulled from the Nintendo DS title, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded.
The Final Mix version of each game, one was released on PlayStation 2 and the other for PlayStation Portable, was previously exclusive to Japan. Each adds a new difficulty mode along with an assortment of in-game content. You can find the full rundown of what’s added on each game’s respective wiki page.
Square Enix revealed Kingdom Hearts III during Sony’s press conference at E3 2013. It amounted to just a trailer, and one that was notably light on actual gameplay, but it was enough to whip fans into a frenzy. There’s no release date set yet for the third numbered game in the Square Enix JRPG-meets-Disney action-RPG series, but with 2.5 ReMIX not showing up until 2014, you can safely expect KH3 for no earlier than 2015.
Get your first look at Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the trailer below.
- Fancy ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ PlayStation 4 Pro launches alongside game in January
- ‘Kingdom Hearts – The Story So Far’ bundles 9 titles together for $40
- Square Enix celebrates finishing ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ with extended trailer
- ‘Final Fantasy VII Remake’ director sets record straight on game’s progress
- Walmart drops prices on Apple Watches and other fitness trackers