Tarsier Studios, known for bringing LittleBigPlanet to the Vita and contributing to the first two LittleBigPlanet games on PlayStation 3, has announced a new IP: a third-person 3D action adventure game with stealth and exploration elements, tentatively called Hunger.
The plot sounds dark and surreal–Miyazaki by way of BioShock: “A nine-year old girl named Six is kidnapped from her home and taken to work in The Maw – a surreal underwater resort catering to the whims of the powerful elite. When an unexpected twist of fate offers her a chance at freedom, Six takes a journey through the bizarre and unpredictable world of The Maw, and catches a glimpse at the corrupt heart of modern happiness.”
The Danish developer brought the concept to the Nordic Games Conference 2014 and was awarded 500,000 Danish Kroner (approximately $91,500) in development support from the Nordic Games Program, which previously helped fund indie darling Limbo. The game is being developed as a downloadable title for the PlayStation 4.
- THQ Nordic acquires Saints Row and Metro publisher Deep Silver
- This ‘Game of Thrones’ ice hotel is in Finland, not Westeros
- Stay inside and entertained with the best shows on Hulu
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Debut EA Originals title ‘Fe’ glides onto consoles on February 16