During a Q&A session on Reddit, Black Ops II Design Director David Vonderhaar revealed that there are “several” game modes they’re considering for release, but nothing is certain at this point.
“Although we haven’t released any details, or even decided which ones, nor could I give you a count or time, we have several game modes we play in development,” wrote Vonderhaar.
Reports of servers issues for Black Ops II players on the PlayStation 3 are also being monitored closely, according to Vonderhaar.
“Many folks are hard at work to get our online infrastructure in a good place,” he wrote. “I am personally reading hundreds, if not thousands, of posts, and monitoring the situation closely.”
He also shared his favorite feature from Call Of Duty development that never found its way into a game.
“Black Ops 2 has a lot of the features we wanted to do,” he wrote. “But, to be honest, I will always regret not being able to ship the Kamikaze killstreak in World at War. (It was like a Predator missile, before a Predator missile existed.)”
- Prepare to fight: ‘Battlefield V’ could include a battle royale mode
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ is real, and it’s out in October
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know