Electronic Arts’ still-young Xbox One subscription program EA Access will soon add another game to its “Vault” of free-for-subscribers games: Ghost Games’ Need for Speed Rivals. Like fellow Vault titles Battlefield 4, Peggle 2, Madden NFL 25, and FIFA 14, Rivals was a launch window release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. There’s no date set for the release, but EA promises that Rivals will enter the Vault “in the coming weeks.”
The new addition is meant to drum up interest in EA Access as the service launches in an additional 19 locations, including Brazil, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Chile, Colombia, Portugal, Turkey, South Africa, UAE, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and Greece. You’ll still need an Xbox One to subscribe, and it’s not clear yet what the price will be in these new territories.
There’s also some clarity on which upcoming releases EA Access members will be able to sample prior to release. For September 2014, both NHL 15 and FIFA 15 will be available to play as early as five days before they come out — September 9 for the former and September 23 for the latter — but only for six hours. Any progress made in those games carries over into an eventual purchase, so you’re not wasting time playing the full six hours if you plan to pick up the full release.
- EA’s Origin Access adds other publishers’ games, including ‘Batman: Arkham City’
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Check out the best Xbox One deals and bundles for April 2018
- Paid Nintendo Switch Online service is now planned for September launch
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?