A Nier: Automata player has discovered a secret cheat code that’s been hidden in the game since it released in 2017. The code allows players to skip straight to the game’s true ending and unlock all extra content after beating the first boss.
In 2018, the game’s development team revealed that the action game had one final secret that fans had yet to discover. While fans searched for years to no avail, Reddit user ManFightDragon officially uncovered the hidden cheat by reverse-engineering the game’s code. Game director Yoko Taro retweeted a video of the trick, seemingly confirming that it’s the secret the team had teased.
The secret essentially takes players straight to the game’s final ending and unlocks all bonus modes. Usually, fans would have to play through the game three times to get to that point, making this a time skip that saves at least 40 hours.
To pull the trick off, start a new file and begin the game’s prologue. Players need to beat the game’s first boss, a giant robot named Marx. After that’s done, players can run over to a spot in the room where there are three sets of two barrels. Stand between the barrels and press left on the touchpad to pause the game. Then, hold down the right trigger and press Up, Down, Up, Right, Left, Square, Circle, Triangle, X.
If done correctly, the game will warp players straight to the game’s last cutscene in ending E and unlock all the bonus modes that come from completing the game.
- A secret Super Punch-Out!! multiplayer mode has been discovered
- Nier Automata launches on Nintendo Switch this fall and its not a cloud version
- Here’s how to defeat the Diamond Weapon in Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.5
- Final Fantasy XIV NieR raid guide: How to complete The Tower at Paradigm’s Breach
- Here’s how to get your powerful Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers relic weapon