Nintendo might be garnering all sorts of attention for the success of its Wii console, but lets not forget it has another best-selling system on its hands in the form of the Nintendo DS handheld gaming system. Now, the company is hoping to expand the system’s appeal to non-traditional gamers by offering a new fashion-friendly crimson-and-black edition of the Nintendo DS Lite, bundled with the latest installment of its mental gymnastics game, Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day.
The new bundle will go on sale August 21, and features a DS Lite with a glossy crimson top and a matte black bottom, with the unit looking a bit like a laquered jewelry box or carrying case.
Brain Age 2 is the followup to Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes A Day, which has sold more than 1.4 million copies in the United States. Brain Age 2 has already moved 5.33 million units in Japan; Nintendo is obviously hoping for a comparable success in North America.
The new crimson-and-black DS Lite with Brain Age 2 will have a suggested retail price of $149.99.
- Nintendo Switch sales figures are on pace with PlayStation 4
- Here’s where to buy the Nintendo Switch
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- The best Nintendo Switch accessories to pick up this holiday season
- ‘Mario Tennis Aces’ and tons of Switch ports revealed in sudden Nintendo Direct