Nintendo’s Wii U console may continue to struggle at finding an audience, but the older Wii is doing just fine with its deep library of popular games – especially now with three of those games selling for a few dollars less. Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and Wii Sports Resort are all now priced at $29.99, a Nintendo press release confirms.
The announcement notes that the price change reflects “one of the many steps Nintendo is taking to provide shoppers with the best value and variety across all its systems through the end of 2013.” It goes on to feverishly remind you add that all three of these games are playable on the Wii U console as well.
This is the latest price drop for Nintendo, which recently slashed the cost of the Wii U Deluxe Set – known in most circles as “the only Wii U bundle worth buying” – down to $299, from $349. It was the same announcement that saw the reveal of the Nintendo 2DS handheld tablet-thing. These three Wii games aren’t playable on the 2DS, but did we mention that they’re totally supported on the Wii U?
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year
- ‘Mario Kart Tour’ will reportedly be ‘free-to-start’ like ‘Super Mario Run’
- 8 Nintendo Switch games you should play docked instead of in handheld mode
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ and ‘Splatoon 2’ DLC lead a crammed Nintendo Direct
- Time for a Switch? Nintendo dominated Amazon’s best-selling games list for 2017