Rise of the Tomb Raider, Crystal Dynamics’ follow-up to its fantastic Tomb Raider reboot, will be an Xbox One exclusive, as the studio’s Darryl Gallagher at at Microsoft’s Gamescom 2014 press briefing.
“We believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft,” Gallagher said. “This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.”
Rise of the Tomb Raider will pick up where the previous game left off, expanding its scope to a broader world as a young Lara Croft continues to become a legendary, globe-trotting adventurer. The game is scheduled for a holiday 2015 release.
- Latest ‘Tomb Raider’ trailer offers a new origin for Lara Croft
- Lara Croft raids again in newly announced Tomb Raider game
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Barbie? Mattel’s famed doll gets makeover as adventurer Lara Croft
- Tomb Raider, ‘Army of Two’ arrive in January’s Xbox Games with Gold
- These are the 20 best PS4 games you can buy right now