Starting on March 26, Walmart starts taking on GameStop, Best Buy, Amazon, and a number of other retailers with a video game trade-in program, the company confirms. You’ll be able to sell off your old games at any of the more than 3,100 Walmart stores and receive a gift card for use online or in-store at any Walmart or Sam’s Club. This also means that Walmart’s getting into the used game sales business, with all re-sold discs sent off to be refurbished before being restocked on store shelves (or kept as inventory for online sales) at a lower price.
The program works just like others of this sort. You bring your game in its original packaging to the electronics department of one of the company’s stores. A customer service rep will inspect each disc for cracks and other defects and tells you what it’s all worth. Then you get your money, in the form of a gift card. Simple stuff.
The program builds on Walmart’s existing trade-in program, that allows customers to sell off old smartphones and tablets. You can find more info on the newly expanded trade-in program on Walmart’s official website.
- How to sell your iPhone 7, iPhone 8, or iPhone X (without getting ripped off)
- How to sell your old Samsung Galaxy (without getting ripped off)
- The best cheap-but-awesome PlayStation 4 game deals under $20
- The best Presidents’ Day sales 2019: Amazon, Walmart, Dell, and more
- These are the best Amazon Echo and Google Home deals just in time for Christmas