In the video below, Tom from the band Kasabian and real-life football star Darren Bent compete in a match that has living, breathing players receiving commands from a pair of Sony Ericsson Xperia Play devices. Each of the players wears a headband and earpiece that delivers audible commands based on input from Tom and Darren.
While the action feels a bit like a lagging game at times, it’s still a fairly impressive stunt to pull off — and it’s funny to see the players attempt moves they would never consider in actual games. Take a half-field shot with four defenders directly in front of your player? Sure!
If you’re musically inclined, the video also features the single “Re-Wired” from Kasabian’s new album, Velociraptor.
- NFL’s ‘Thursday Night Football’ has found a new home on Fox
- Watch the best Super Bowl commercials of 2018
- Miles of music: The 55 best songs about cars, driving, and road trips
- The best movies on Hulu, from ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ to ‘Reservoir Dogs’
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018