Here’s our latest look at X-Men: Days of Future Past, which hits theaters on May 23. Original X-Men director Bryan Singer returns to tell a story of future world mutants jumping back through time to work with their past selves in an effort to save the world. The movie brings together key cast members from the trilogy that Singer set in motion as well as those from X-Men: First Class, director Matthew Vaughn’s 2011 prequel.
This new Days of Future Past trailer jumps between the two time periods, highlighting a series of familiar faces and new ones pulled from the Marvel-verse. Fox isn’t allowed to draw freely from the comic label’s archives, but the studio has free run over Marvel’s mutants and mutant stories. Fans of the printed-and-inked word will see a lot of nods in this trailer’s rapid flash of images, including a handful of brief looks at Bolivar Trask’s (Peter Dinklage) mutant-hunting Sentinel robots.
- New X-Men: Dark Phoenix trailer delivers big action and a huge spoiler
- Captain Marvel: Everything we know about the movie so far
- From ‘Avengers: Endgame’ to ‘Episode IX’: The most anticipated movies of 2019
- ‘Howard the Duck’ and three other Marvel animated series are coming to Hulu
- Avengers: Endgame: Everything we know about the Infinity War sequel