Xbox 360 owners that are running low on storage space might want to take a peek at Microsoft’s new 500GB hard drive for the console, freshly revealed on the Xbox website. The $110 drive isn’t available just yet, with a note on the product page that reads “Pre-order coming soon.”
The 500GB drive is actually $20 cheaper than the older 320GB drive, which retails for $130. There’s been no confirmation yet, but the launch of the 500GB option will presumably be accompanied by a price drop on the other drives.
A 500GB drive brings the Xbox 360’s storage capacity in line with the Xbox One, though it doesn’t go nearly as far on the new console since the games are so much larger (for the most part). Of course, the Xbox One is also the only Microsoft console that supports storage on an external hard drives, provided it’s USB 3.0-ready and has a capacity of 256GB or more.
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- Xbox One S vs. Xbox One X: Is the costly upgrade worth the money?
- Low on space? Here’s how to expand your game console’s storage