One of the Xbox One’s most-requested missing features – pop-up notifications that alert you when your friends sign on – will finally be coming with the release of the console’s next system update, scheduled for April. Along with the pop-ups, the update refines friend visibility on Xbox Live with more information about who’s playing a multiplayer game and a list of most-used apps.
The update also tweaks the way game and app updates are communicated, with a list of what’s been updated recently, as well as improvements to Kinect’s motion/voice support and improved video quality for the console’s built-in GameDVR. There’s no specific release timeframe for the update other than April, though users that have signed up to participate in console update beta programs should keep an eye out for early access invites on Xbox Live.
You can check out the official word from Microsoft in a new post on Xbox Wire.
- How to connect your phone to an Xbox One with the Xbox app
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Here’s everything you need to know about Xbox achievements
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- How to buy an Xbox One game as a gift on the Xbox Store