Polk claims it has loaded the affordable Striker ZX with components from its “premium headphones.” That could be a good sign if it’s a nod to the company’s Buckle headphones, which offer a smooth and full midrange, balanced by a pleasant touch of detail. But the company’s latest creation has been fine tuned specifically for the gaming world to accentuate the deep and immersive layers of today’s complex game soundtracks. That includes its Dynamic Balance system, designed to deliver a wider, more precise stereo image without distortion.
Specs for the cans include 40mm polymer resin dynamic drivers, a 46-inch strain-relief cable, a retractable omnidirectional chat mic, and chat loop to hear your own voice inside the cans. The headset includes a wireless stereo adapter for easy connection to Xbox One, as well as a 3.5mm connection for rocking out tunes in between sessions. Polk also promises top-flight comfort for extended gaming sessions thanks to its ProFit comfort system, boasting a light design, heavy cushioning, and two-way pivoting ear cups.
- Best speakers of 2021: Great speakers for every use and budget
- All cross-platform games (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC)
- The best gaming speakers for 2021
- The best Xbox One games to play right now
- What’s a headphone amp, and why would you need one?