From contractors to architects, designers, and even the guy who plans where gas lines should go, putting a literal roof over your head takes a lot of people. Once a year, representatives of all these groups convene in Las Vegas for the International Builder’s Show, where you can find everything from state-of-the-art appliances and solar arrays to faucets and all the latest styles of bathroom flooring.
That’s the stuff you expect, anyway. But along the way, we bumped into more than a few oddities that made us stop in our tracks and wonder what the hell we had gotten ourselves into. These are those.
- TWB Podcast: CES preview; LG 8K television; Home assistant takeover
- ‘Everything you cooked, you screwed!’ Gordon Ramsay now gives ‘advice’ on Alexa
- Google’s aggressive push at CES affirms that Assistant is its No. 1 focus
- Google’s new Assistant Go brings Assistant to low-power phones
- Need some high-tech to keep tabs on a high-fashion bag? Louis Vuitton can help