Located near the Lule River, the UFO hotel room was made from a prefabricated lightweight composite material and placed aloft in the trees with the utmost attention paid to sustainability and environmental awareness. To ensure this, the UFO retains a high level of energy efficiency and conservation, the UFO sources its power from a hydroelectric facility, features insulation, LED lighting, composting toilets, and underfloor heating.
The room itself measures 30 sq meters and is large enough for a double bed, a composting toilet and a cozy dining area. A giant skylight compliments the room, allowing guests to take in the beautiful night sky and surrounding forest. Guests are able to access the UFO room via a retractable staircase and hatch door — but no word yet on when the tractor-beam will be fully operational.
- What is AirBnb? Here’s all you need to know about being a guest or host
- Escape in style with the best ultra-light travel trailers of 2018
- Which Echo to buy: Here’s a rundown of all the Alexa speakers
- How to download YouTube videos
- With smart TVs and devices, Enseo wants hotels to feel like a home away from home