Video search engine blinx.tv on Monday announced they’d partnered with several short film providers to make thousands of hours of short film content searchable and available on the web. These new partners include BBC Film Network, LoveFilm, Tiscali and World Cinema Online.
The new searchable content, said blinx, includes â€œcomedy, drama, music and horror films, and also animated shorts. Many filmmakers start their careers making these movies, and may well end up making the leading feature films of the future. Not all shorts are made by people starting out; blinkx.tv also offers short films made by established directors, including Spike Lee, Wim Wenders, Mike Figgis and Jean-Luc Godard.â€
“Shorts have a growing global following; all the major film festivals now incorporate a section devoted to showcasing them,â€ said Suranga Chandratillake, CTO and Founder of blinkx. â€œWith new short films being added to the Web everyday it is a challenge and lengthy process for users to locate and watch the films that they want to view. blinkx’s automated approach to finding, transcribing and indexing content solves this and has enabled us to build and index the largest and most up-to-date archive of short films from around the world.â€
- How to build a modern movie studio through connections and social media
- New Epson scanner converts photos from old shoe boxes to the cloud in seconds
- Words lead to actions in the latest version of Slack packing Asana, Jira support
- ‘North of Nightfall’ is a first for mountain biking, and a first for filmmaking
- Where to watch free movies online