San-Diego-based designer Jamie Huffman is the owner and creator of Surface, a modern design studio that focuses on context-based furniture design. His stunning creations feature clean design that is at once simple and luxurious. Huffman often incorporates beautiful woods and sleek metal pieces into his designs. His stylish easy chairs (above) or wood coffee table (below) would serve as great statement pieces in any upscale office or modern home. While the pieces can be revamped to fit your space, Surface also believes in creating work based on the client’s specific context and surroundings.
Surface puts an emphasis on quality craftsmanship and design, and the studio has roots in architecture that show in the furniture they create. Check out Surface for more examples of his work.
- Spark up the Stov faux fire pit and warm your home without burning it down
- Get a sneak peek at the futuristic Snow Leopard 25 snowshoe from Alite Designs
- This Japanese-style bench is easy to build and supports butts of all sizes
- Perched on a cliff, the Hawk’s Nest is a stunning artist retreat in West Virginia
- Be careful about where you place your HomePod and other smart speakers