June is fast approaching, and that means it’s time for us to start shedding our shirts and get outside. This time of year, everyone wants to get their tan on.
Of course, each time this season approaches, we’re also bombarded with an array of sunscreen advertisements and medical warnings, advising us of the dangers from overexposure to the sun. But just how long is too much time in the sun? Most times, we don’t know it’s too late until a sunburn settles in and we’re forced to spend the next week bathing in aloe. The Beauty Sign Plus hopes to save your skin.
As reported by Akihabara News, the Beauty Sign Plus is a pocket-sized gadget that measures the intensity of the sun’s ultraviolet rays on any given day, and tell you how close you are to getting burned. You press its two rounded prongs to your skin and it will measure the moisture, oil, and suppleness of your skin. The results are delivered in less than five seconds.
It’s super easy to use, and after getting your results, you can make smarter decisions about whether it’s time to rehydrate, reapply some extra strong sunscreen, or pack up your stuff and head indoors for the rest of the day. (Or at least grab an umbrella.)
The Beauty Sign Plus, unfortunately, is currently only available in Japan. It costs around $30.
- The Foreo UFO can fit into your makeup bag and your busy lifestyle
- Smartwatches know when you’re getting sick before you do
- Looking for a bathroom? Google will take you there — if you're in India
- If you’re going to swipe right, you should probably get tested for STDs
- We like it! This app won’t let you check work email when you’re off hours