Filmic Pro is $9.99 and well worth it. Let me show you why. When you open it up you’ll see a bunch of icons on the screen. The box lets you set your focus. If you don’t want focus moving all over the place, you can specify where to focus throughout the video. And you can change that while filming. Tap it to set the focus, you’ll notice it changes to red when locked.
Another button lets you set the exposure. You can do a LOT of great stuff with this. If your shot is overexposed move the exposure to adjust how the video looks. This alone can take your video quality WAY up!
Toggle the top menu and you have even more options:
- Adjust the audio up or down
- Use guides to help you frame your shot better with the rule of thirds
- Turn on image stabilization
- Get the manual if you need help
- Change cameras from front to back
- Turn on the light if you’re shooting in the dark
- Zoom in or out
Use these features and your video is going to look a LOT better than if you just shoot with the regular ol’ built in camera:
- You can change settings like resolution and go to 4K if your phone lets you
- Change the Frame Rate to get a more stylized look and feel
- Change what audio source you use. You’ll see more options if you plug in an external microphone
- You can lock orientation and other device options
- You can even create presets. The Kids soccer game is going to have different settings than when you’re shooting video for your business.
Get creative with this app! Play with the settings… you can’t hurt anything. And see what kind of awesome video you can create. Of course send me a link when leaving a comment. I look forward to seeing them!
- The best camera apps for the iPhone
- The best apps for teachers and educators
- The best GIF-maker apps and websites for 2020
- The best iPhone apps (November 2020)
- The best LGBTQ dating apps for Android and iOS