The weeklong strike, due to start Dec. 1, would affect certain units at engineering firm ABB, mobile phone maker Nokia Corp., shipbuilder STX Finland and engineering group Rautaruukki.
Negotiations between the Union of Salaried Employees and the Federation of Finnish Technology Industries have broken down, the union said. The current labor contract ends on Nov. 30.
The federation opposes changes demanded by the union in the collective labor agreement for different employee groups, while union members claim that managers are “systematically trying to worsen workers’ job security and wages.”
No timetable has been set for new talks.
- Everything you need to know about the Essential PH-1 phone
- Tips on how to take jaw-dropping monochrome pictures with the Huawei P20 Pro
- ‘God of War’ beginner’s guide
- New scoring system gives you a reason to replay ‘Destiny 2’ Nightfall strikes
- Facebook isn’t the only one watching. Protect your privacy with these 5 apps