The weeklong strike, due to start Dec. 1, would affect certain units at engineering firm ABB, mobile phone maker Nokia Corp., shipbuilder STX Finland and engineering group Rautaruukki.
Negotiations between the Union of Salaried Employees and the Federation of Finnish Technology Industries have broken down, the union said. The current labor contract ends on Nov. 30.
The federation opposes changes demanded by the union in the collective labor agreement for different employee groups, while union members claim that managers are “systematically trying to worsen workers’ job security and wages.”
No timetable has been set for new talks.
- The new iPad Pro is here, and it adds the best of the iPhone to the tablet
- Essential PH-1 Phone: Everything you need to know
- Huawei’s new A.I. speaker looks an awful lot like the Apple HomePod
- How a comic turn by David Schwimmer may help British cops nab a suspect
- Why are game studios run like sweat shops? The human toll of ‘crunch time’