We’re just over a week away from the launch of the Google Pixel 4, and despite seemingly knowing everything there is to know about Google’s new phones, every day seems to bring a new rumor to explore. The latest whispers about the Google Pixel 4 don’t concern the phone’s new Motion Sense feature, upgraded Google Assistant, or additional camera lens — instead, it’s about the pricing bands. Unfortunately for Pixel fans, we could be in for some price increases.
The news comes from reliable and noted leakster Evan Blass, who shared the expected prices for each of the Pixel 4 models in Canada. According to Blass’ information, both the Pixel 4 and the
Taken at the current exchange rate, it initially seems as if the U.S. prices for the phones will drop. At current exchange rates, the price for the Canadian Pixel 4 64GB amounts to around $790 — which would be a $10 drop on the price for the Pixel 3. However, it’s not safe to assume exchange rates will apply in this case, as manufacturers will often price countries differently. It makes more sense to assume that similar rises will apply to the U.S. prices for the
- 64GB Google Pixel 4: $850
- 128GB Google Pixel 4: $970
- 64GB Google Pixel 4 XL: $970
- 128GB Google Pixel 4 XL: $1,100
Please note that these numbers are purely speculative, and not based on any information except for the rumored Canadian prices.
While these jumps may seem large, they’re somewhat within the usual scope for price increases where flagship phones are concerned. However, there will always be great deals to be found once the Pixel 4 releases — and we’ll be sure to highlight them as they become available. It’s also worth pointing out that the
- These are the best Google Pixel deals for December 2019
- Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL review
- Best Buy has the Google Pixel 3 and 4 smartphones on sale for up to $350 off
- The Google Pixel 4 is still on sale for Best Buy’s Cyber Week sale today
- The Google Pixel’s last update will be released in December