Samsung’s Unpacked event kicks off on August 13 at 11 a.m. EST in New York City’s Lincoln Center. We’ll be in attendance at the event, reporting live on all the action. For all the millions of folks who won’t be there, Samsung’s set up a livestream of the event. Here’s how to watch it, and what we expect to see at Samsung Unpacked 2015.
Samsung created a special page for the event where a livestream feed will appear during the launch event. It should start promptly at 11 a.m. EST, which is 4 p.m. in London and 8 a.m. PST for everyone on the west coast. We’ll also tweet news from the event (info below!).
- Hands on: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
- Galaxy Note 5 hands on
- Get ready to Gear up: Samsung will reveals its next smartwatch Sept. 3
HOW TO WATCH AND FOLLOW
- Time: 11 a.m. ET, 8 a.m. PT today
- Samsung’s Live Stream
- Hashtag #dtgalaxy and @DigitalTrends for live updates
- Our live crew: @MalarieGokey (NYC), @AndyBoxall (London), and @RobNazarian (NYC)
We expect to see a few devices at the Unpacked event, including the long-awaited Galaxy Note 5 and the surprising new Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Based on the rumors, both phones appear to be extremely powerful and high-spec, with Exynos processors, 4GB RAM, 5.7-inch Quad HD screens, and sharper cameras. The two phones will likely sport a design language that’s similar to the gorgeous Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge that Samsung released at Mobile World Congress in March.
Some rumors hint at a possible tablet launch, too, though we haven’t heard much on that front. Some even posit that Samsung’s highly anticipated round Gear A smartwatch could debut at the event. Only time will tell, but Samsung could always pack a few huge surprises into its event, so stay tuned to Digital Trends for all the news.
OUR TWEETCHAT ROOM
- No more security updates for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
- Galactic battle: How the Galaxy S9 Plus camera compares to Samsung predecessors
- Here’s everything we know about the Samsung Galaxy S10
- The Galaxy S9 Plus vs. Galaxy Note 8: Samsung’s heavyweights slug it out
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs. Galaxy S8 Plus: Which galactic star should you pick?