Remember the Droid DNA? It’s about to get a sequel. VR-Zone has posted leaked images of what could be HTC’s new Butterfly S smartphone. The follow-up to HTC’s Butterfly smartphone, aka Droid DNA on Verizon (read our full Droid DNA review), the Butterfly S will allegedly feature the same 5-inch 1920×1080 pixel display as the first model, but with HTC’s new Sense 5 interface and a faster processor (most likely Snapdragon 600 or 800).
Sense 5 was first launched on the One, and as a more professional and clean look than previous HTC interfaces.
The Butterfly S will have a pair of front-facing speakers like the One, and feature HTC’s new BoomSound technology, which minimizes audio distortion to even at full volume. VR-Zone does stress that the Butterfly S could cost as much as $670 or more, due to the 5-inch Full HD screen and the updated processor, so keep that in mind you’re on a budget. If it comes to Verizon, it will likely cost $100 or $200 with a two-year contract.
HTC is expected to officially unveil the Butterfly S at a dual-launch event with the Desire 600.
- Google Pixel 7a: release date, price, specs, and all other rumors
- The Nothing Phone is finally coming to the U.S., and I can’t wait
- Forget Apple’s newest iPad — the Galaxy Tab S8 should be your next tablet
- Samsung Galaxy S23: release date, specs, price, and all other rumors
- This retro battery pack is way cooler than it has any right to be