The iPhone SE uses the same general design as the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S, and it certainly looks like a strong phone with its aluminum body. Despite this, the bend tests conducted by SquareTrade suggest that the iPhone 6S is actually quite a bit stronger than Apple’s new 4-inch phone.
Although the iPhone SE is thicker than the iPhone 6S, it’s not as strong. Whether that’s because the
Of course, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen the iPhone’s strength put to the test. When the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were first released, customers found that they bent a lot more easily than previous iPhones. The incident quickly became known as Bendgate, and prompted Apple to up the ante for the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, both of which can withstand much more pressure than their predecessors.
Related: See the iPad Pro in two sizes here
The iPhone 6S is also able to handle water better than the new iPhone SE. When dunked in water, the iPhone SE permanently turned off in less than one minute. The
Regardless of your opinion of the iPhone SE in general, one thing is clear — if you need a phone that can withstand some abuse, then perhaps look into a more durable phone, instead.
- Samsung’s One UI 5 beta is already available for some Galaxy S22 owners
- The Nothing Phone 1 is what the OnePlus 10T could have been
- Galaxy S23: Everything we know about Samsung’s 2023 flagship
- The next iPad could ditch the headphone jack too
- Apple iPhone 14: Everything we know about the 2022 iPhone