The iPhone SE uses the same general design as the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5S, and it certainly looks like a strong phone with its aluminum body. Despite this, the bend tests conducted by SquareTrade suggest that the iPhone 6S is actually quite a bit stronger than Apple’s new 4-inch phone.
Although the iPhone SE is thicker than the iPhone 6S, it’s not as strong. Whether that’s because the
Of course, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen the iPhone’s strength put to the test. When the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were first released, customers found that they bent a lot more easily than previous iPhones. The incident quickly became known as Bendgate, and prompted Apple to up the ante for the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, both of which can withstand much more pressure than their predecessors.
Related: See the iPad Pro in two sizes here
The iPhone 6S is also able to handle water better than the new iPhone SE. When dunked in water, the iPhone SE permanently turned off in less than one minute. The
Regardless of your opinion of the iPhone SE in general, one thing is clear — if you need a phone that can withstand some abuse, then perhaps look into a more durable phone, instead.
- I finally found an Android phone that makes me want to ditch my iPhone
- Your iPhone could steal this Pixel Tablet feature when it gets iOS 17
- I really hope the iPhone 16 Pro Max doesn’t look like this
- iOS 16.5 is bringing two exciting new features to your iPhone
- I hate my iPhone’s keyboard, but this app made it better