Thales, through their Magellan Consumer GPS brand, yesterday announced a new portable vehicle GPS navigation system with provides real-time traffic capabilities and text-to-speech street name driving directions. The new Magellan RoadMate 860T is priced at $799 and will be available in May.
The Magellan RoadMate 860T, said Thales, can, in major metropolitan areas, receive live traffic updates notifying drivers of possible road problems. It will also offer a detour option for drivers when faster alternatives are available. The other major feature of this new GPS device, known as SayWhere, is a text to speech function which speaks the street name for upcoming maneuvers.
Other features of the RoadMate 860T include a 20GB hard drive with comes pre-loaded with street level maps of the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, the ability to use 10GB of the hard drive for the storage and playback of music and digital photos, a 3.5
- The best GPS for your car
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy a ride through the history of self-driving cars
- 5G will turn your car into a talking, thinking supercomputer. And it’s coming soon
- Uber and Lyft rides in New York City just got more expensive
- Quirky smartphone accessories you never knew you needed