With ComicCon currently underway, it is no surprise that Tron: Legacy would have a presence at the event. Tron may not technically have been a comic book movie, but it definitely leans towards the same demographics and fan base and makes a natural fit with the ComicCon scene. With that in mind, Disney has released a new trailer for the upcoming movie at the San Diego event.
Tron: Legacy comes 28 years after the original Tron, setting a Hollywood record for the longest gap between movie and sequel. The story revolves around Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), the hero from the original. 20 years after Kevin’s sudden disappearance, Sam receives a message from his father to come to the abandoned Flynn’s Arcade, where Sam is then pulled into the digital world that his father visited in the past. Sam discovers that his father has been trapped, and together they must fight their way out of the construct.
Tron: Legacy was filmed in 3D using and will be presented in Digital 3D, IMAX 3D, and RealD 3D when it debuts on December 17.
- ‘House of Cards’ season 6 trailer has Claire defending her destiny
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ gets a full release on Xbox One in September
- 2018 Samsung Galaxy J7 and Galaxy J3: Everything you need to know
- You’re better off setting 15 bucks ablaze than playing ‘The Quiet Man’
- James Bond 25: Danny Boyle bows out of directing the next 007 movie