Dubbed “The Most Epic Safety Video Ever Made,” the four-and-a-half-minute production follows a pair of Lord of the Rings fans as they discover the wonders of New Zealand and learn about proper airline safety precautions from an elven airline representative and a long list of actors and filmmakers associated with the Tolkien-inspired films. Among the most prominent cameos are those of Frodo himself, Elijah Wood, as well as former Doctor Who star Sylvester McCoy (who plays Radagast the wizard in The Hobbit movies), and the country’s most famous filmmaker, Peter Jackson.
Also appearing in the video are actor Dean O’Gorman, who plays the dwarf Fili in The Hobbit movies, and Weta Workshop co-founder Richard Taylor.
The video ends with a rousing scene in which an army of orcs and an army of elves charge toward each other, only to end up hugging when they meet up in the valley. Oh, and then Elijah Wood puts on the One Ring and vanishes while the elven flight crew looks on.
It’s all appropriately epic, like the title suggests.
- Amazon’s Lord of the Rings series: Everything we know so far
- Fans of the fellowship can buy this hobbit-style home for under $200K
- You’re killing me, Smalls! The Sandlot is getting a TV series with original cast
- How to reach World Tier 5 in The Division 2 endgame
- Things are only getting weirder in the first trailer for The OA: Part II