Yet another actor from HBO’s Game Of Thrones has joined the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII, and he appears to know his way around a lightsaber — er, sword.
Greek actor Miltos Yerolemou has joined the cast of J.J. Abrams’ much-anticipated Star Wars sequel, according to BBC News. Yerolemou is probably best known for his role as Syrio Forel, Arya Stark’s mentor in the first season of Game Of Thrones.
Sword-fighting expertise has played a role in his Game Of Thrones character and several others he has played over the years, leading many to believe his unidentified Episode VII character could be handy with a lightsaber. However, the unconfirmed casting report suggests that Yerolemou’s character in Episode VII won’t be a major one.
Yerolemou is the second Game Of Thrones actor to join Episode VII after Gwendoline Christie — who plays Brienne of Trath in the series — was added to the cast (in a similarly unspecified role) in June.
Lucasfilm has yet to confirm Yerolemou’s casting, so the news should be considered unofficial at this point.
Star Wars: Episode VII hits theaters December 18, 2015.
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ so far