Plenty of A-listers have played real presidents in movies, from Daniel Day-Lewis’ portrayal of Abraham Lincoln, to Bryan Cranston as Lyndon B. Johnson in All the Way. But a myriad of others have played fictional presidents, too. Some seemed so real, we wish they were an actual part of history, while others were so far out there, we’re glad they weren’t.
The list of actors who have played fictional U.S. presidents in movies is lengthy, and spans every genre, from drama to comedy. Most recently, we heard Patrick Wilson voice the president in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and saw Bill Pullman reprise his role as President Thomas J. Whitmore in the Independence Day sequel, Resurgence.
Still, some have naturally risen to the top, so here are 10 of the best fictional movie U.S. presidents to have graced the big screen.
- Documentary ‘Do You Trust This Computer?’ free to stream courtesy of Elon Musk
- 5 modern inventions that are way older than you think
- Binge away with our guide to the best on-demand streaming services
- ‘H1Z1’ goes free-to-play, start of battle royale esports league announced
- Meet the British whiz kid who fights for justice with a robo-lawyer sidekick