In the skit, Bilbo Baggins (Freeman) ponders the direction his life has taken after saving Middle-earth, with Gandalf (Bobby Moynihan), Gollum (Taran Killam), Legolas (Kyle Mooney), and Tauriel (Kate McKinnon) all taking office jobs together. They’re joined by an orc, some hobbits, and various other supporting characters from the films that are juxtaposed with characters from the television series.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies is the third and final chapter in Peter Jackson’s trilogy of films based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s celebrated fantasy novel. Along with Freeman, the film stars Ian McKellan, Lee Pace, Cate Blanchett, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans, Benedict Cumberbatch, Stephen Fry, Ian Holm, Christopher Lee, Hugo Weaving, Orlando Bloom, Manu Bennett, Billy Connolly, Sylvester McCoy, Graham McTavish, and Aidan Turner.
The film arrives in theaters December 17.
- You’re killing me, Smalls! The Sandlot is getting a TV series with original cast
- Amazon’s Lord of the Rings series: Everything we know so far
- Things are only getting weirder in the first trailer for The OA: Part II
- Box-office bosses: The highest-grossing movies of all time for each month
- The best episodes of The X-Files