The upcoming film based on U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle’s novel American Sniper arrives in theaters within the next month, and Warner Bros. has released a new trailer featuring Bradley Cooper as the man widely regarded as the most lethal sharpshooter in American military history.
Directed by Clint Eastwood, the drama casts Cooper as Kyle, who survived four grueling tours of duty in Iraq and amassed such a large number of kills that he became known as “The Legend.” Earning a hefty price on his head during the war and a family at home to worry about, Chris Kyle chronicled his experiences in the 2012 novel that was a New York Times best-seller for 20 weeks.
Along with Cooper, the film also features Sienna Miller (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra) as Chris Kyle’s wife, as well as Luke Grimes, Kyle Gallner, Sam Jaeger, Jake McDorman, and Cory Hardrict in supporting roles. Several former Navy SEALs are also among the film’s cast, either playing themselves or various other snipers Chris interacted with during his service.
American Sniper will get a limited release in theaters December 25 (for award consideration) and a wide release January 16.
- Apple vs. Qualcomm: Everything you need to know
- FDA-approved robotic exoskeleton magnifies wearers’ strength tenfold
- Twitter looks to score a goal with new deal for Major League Soccer games
- 2018 Toyota Camry: Everything you need to know
- Wondering how far a million dollars goes in real estate? Here’s your answer