The new, extended trailer Exodus: Gods and Kings shows the sweeping scope of Ridley Scott’s upcoming biblical epic. City-consuming swarms of locusts, Ben Kingsley narrating prophecies, men in eyeliner dramatically holding up swords in front of chanting armies–the trailer has everything you could ask for in a major Hollywood take on the story of Moses.
The first part of the trailer highlights the growing rift between Moses (Christian Bale) and his adoptive brother the Pharaoh Ramses (Joel Edgerton). The always ethnically chameleonic Sir Ben Kingsley fills Moses in on his prophesied liberation of the Hebrew people from centuries of Egyptian slavery, and then it’s all plagues, armies, and crashing walls of water, shot with the cinematic grandeur and dark color palette that you would expect from the director of Gladiator.
Telling the story of Moses and his Egyptian slave rebellion, Exodus: Gods and Kings also features John Turturro, Aaron Paul, Ben Mendelsohn, and Sigourney Weaver. It hits theaters on December 12, 2014.
- Leave the charger behind: Wireless headphones will get epic battery life in 2019
- 15 epic science fiction books being made into movies
- Steam users aren’t reacting well to Epic’s ‘Metro Exodus’ exclusivity deal
- ‘Metro Exodus’ is the latest AAA game to ditch Steam for the Epic Games store
- DJ Marshmello performs legendary concert set, leads epic dance party in Fortnite