The debut trailer for Ridley Scott’s Exodus: Gods and Kings has arrived online, offering the first look at the celebrated director’s new film that casts Christian Bale as the biblical hero Moses.
Along with some impressive visual sequences, the trailer puts the spotlight on the relationship between Bale’s Moses and the ruler of Egypt, Pharaoh Rhamses, played by Joel Edgerton (Warrior, The Great Gatsby). As the title suggests, the film is an adaptation of the biblical tale of Moses leading the enslaved Israelites’ exodus from Egypt and the series of plagues that preceded their departure.
Scott is certainly no stranger to lush visual sequences and breathtaking battle scenes, having directed both Gladiator (which earned him an Oscar nomination) and 2005’s Kingdom of Heaven. If the trailer is any indication (and it should be), audiences can likely expect more of that impressive sense of spectacle from the veteran filmmaker.
Along with Bale and Edgerton, the film’s cast also includes Aaron Paul, John Turturro, Sigourney Weaver, and Ben Kingsley.
Exodus: Gods and Kings hits theaters December 12.
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now
- Here’s everything we know about ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’
- Watch all the Super Bowl movie trailers from this year’s game
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- You can watch the ‘Super Troopers 2’ trailer right meow!