Fans of HBO’s Game of Thrones still have just over a month until the fifth season premieres, but the network is offering a glimpse of what’s to come with a pair of clips from the upcoming batch of new episodes.
The two clips were released via “The Sight,” HBO’s promotional campaign that draws its title from the prophetic ability displayed by some characters in George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels. The first clip features Brienne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie) discussing her views on leadership with Podrick Payne (Daniel Portman), while the second clip lets fans eavesdrop on a conversation between Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and Mance Rayder (Ciarán Hinds).
The fifth season of Game of Thrones is expected to draw heavily from the fourth and fifth novels of Martin’s series, “A Feast for Crows” and “A Dance With Dragons,” with series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss returning as executive producers of the hit series and as showrunners for the program. A host of new cast members have already been announced for the fifth season, including Alexander Siddig, Jonathan Pryce, and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje.
The new season of Game of Thrones will premiere April 12 at 9pm on HBO. Can’t wait until then? If you’re jonesing for more details, here’s an insider’s guide to the next season, from Theon Greyjoy himself.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- New ‘Silicon Valley’ season 5 photos bring the gang back together
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators will build new worlds in Disney’s Star Wars galaxy
- HBO bringing back award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ for sixth season
- ‘Westworld’ creators to take their talents to Amazon for new sci-fi series