As if things weren’t difficult enough for Katniss and the survivors of The Hunger Games, now they have an all-out war to fight.
The latest teaser for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 arrived online this week (via Doritos) and the brief trailer for the highly anticipated sequel does a nice job of introducing all of the major players in the next chapter of the saga — including a bruised and battered Peeta (Josh Hutcherson). The footage also features some scenes with recently deceased actor Philip Seymour Hoffman in his role as Plutarch Heavensbee.
The third film in The Hunger Games franchise, Mockingjay – Part 1 finds Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence), Gale (Liam Hemsworth), Haymitch (Woody Harrelson), and various other residents of the long-subjugated districts fighting a war against President Snow (Donald Sutherland) and The Capitol. And if the trailer is to be believed, Katniss’ former friend (and occasional boyfriend) Peeta may have switched sides in the battle, too.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 hits theaters November 21, and along with the aforementioned actors, the film also stars Elizabeth Banks, Julianne Moore, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci, and other new and returning cast members.
- Successor to gloriously bad game ‘Shaq Fu’ launches this spring
- Between the Streams: Venomless trailer, Game of Thrones Star Wars, ‘Solo’ time
- Between the Streams podcast
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018