If you’ve been worried about just how the dude who so aptly captured Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network could transform into the iconic bald supervillain Lex Luthor for the coming Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice film, you can perhaps put some of those fears to rest.
Today, thanks to Entertainment Weekly, we got our first official look at Jesse Eisenberg as the sinister villain who has long been the scourge of the Man of Steel. And if he doesn’t look menacing to you, you’re not seeing what we’re seeing.
There has been plenty of speculation surrounding Eisenberg’s casting as the lead villain for Dawn of Justice. After all, as anyone who’s seen Tom Hiddleston’s Loki in the Thor and Avengers films can attest, a great villain can make or break a story.
Director Zack Snyder confirms his faith in Eisenberg as the bald menace in an interview with EW. “He’s not the Lexes that you’ve seen, that’s for sure,” Snyder said.
“Our Lex is disarming and he’s not fake,” Snyder said. “He says what he believes and he says what’s on his mind. If you can unravel the string and decipher what he means, it’s all there.”
We’ll get a chance to hear all of Eisenberg’s rants as Luthor one year from today, as Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice premieres March 25, 2016.
- ‘The Batman’ movie: Everything we know so far
- ‘Wonder Woman 1984’: Everything we know so far
- Ben Affleck officially exits The Batman as solo film gets release date
- ‘The Batman’ might begin filming in the fall — minus Ben Affleck, report says
- First ‘Doom Patrol’ trailer introduces DC Universe’s ‘Titans’ spinoff series