It might not be an official image from Star Wars: Episode VII, but a recent photo of Mark Hamill outside the film’s Pinewood Studios set offers a great peek at the Jedi beard Luke Skywalker will be sporting in the upcoming film.
Hamill was photographed by his son (full picture below), Nathan Hamill, who’s been documenting the travels abroad of one of his artistic creations, Lavabear. In the photo, Mark Hamill crosses his arms in front of the signage for the Star Wars set — adorned with the numeral “VII” — with a Lavabear statue resting against his shoulder.
It’s worth noting that filming of Episode VII is currently on a hiatus due to Harrison Ford’s injury, so Luke Skywalker is likely to look a bit different when the cameras roll again — but the photo does give a nice hint at the look the famous Jedi will have when filming resumes. If nothing else, it offers a nice image to compare to that of bearded Alec Guinness and Ewan McGregor in their roles as Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi from the original trilogy and prequels, respectively.
Despite the recent injury to Ford that forced the production to go on a two-week hiatus, Star Wars: Episode VII is still scheduled to hit theaters December 18, 2015.
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Everything we know so far
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- Columbia’s latest Star Wars jacket will keep you as warm as a Wookie
- Columbia’s latest Star Wars jacket will keep you as warm as a Wookiee
- ‘The Mandalorian’: What we know about Jon Favreau’s live-action Star Wars series