The upcoming medieval fantasy Seventh Son hits theaters early next year, and the latest trailer for the film doesn’t shy away from packing an impressive amount of magic and monsters into a two-minute preview.
The film casts Oscar-winner Jeff Bridges as the last remaining member of a powerful group of magic-wielders tasked with protecting the world. Before he can do that, however, he must find a young man (Ben Barnes) whose powers could make him the mystical order’s next great warrior — and the best weapon against an evil queen (Julianne Moore) and the deadly assassins at her command.
The film has had a troubled road to the big screen, with its original release date in February 2013 pushed back to complete post-production, then delayed again when production studio Legendary Pictures parted ways with distributor Warner Bros. The film finally settled on a February 2015 release date.
The film is directed by Sergei Bodrov (Mongul: The Rise of Genghis Khan) and is based on Joseph Delaney’s 2004 novel The Spook’s Apprentice (released in the U.S. as The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch). Along with Bridges, Barnes, and Moore, Seventh Son also stars Game of Thrones actor Kit Harington, as well as Alicia Vikander, Olivia Williams, Antje Traue, and Oscar-nominee Djimon Hounsou.
Seventh Son hits theaters February 6, 2015.
- 15 epic sci-fi novels you should read before they become blockbuster films
- Jaegers, assemble! Here’s everything we know about ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Grab your fedora: Here’s everything we know about ‘Indiana Jones 5’