The road to a new Ghostbusters movie has been a bit rocky, but it appears that things are moving along again, as Pitch Perfect actress Rebel Wilson recently confirmed that she had a meeting about a role in the film.
“I have had a meeting,” Wilson told Today while promoting her upcoming role in Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb. “But who knows? They will have to look at the script when it’s finished.”
“I’d do that for free,” she joked, only to add, “I probably shouldn’t say that live on TV.”
A female-led reboot of the Ghostbusters franchise has been in the works for a while now, ever since the studio drafted Bridesmaids director Paul Feig to take on the project. The filmmaker hinted back in August that his affinity for all-female leads would likely extend to a potential remake of the 1984 supernatural comedy, with at least some of his Bridesmaids cast (and frequent collaborators) taking roles in the film.
Wilson, who played Brynn in Bridesmaids, is one of the first members of the cast to confirm that she’s had talks about a role in the film. It’s likely that we’ll begin hearing more updates on the project in the near future as casting continues.
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Here’s everything we know so far about ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Everything we know about the ‘Captain Marvel’ movie
- Grab your fedora: Here’s everything we know about ‘Indiana Jones 5’
- Here’s everything we know about ‘It: Chapter 2’ so far