Much of yesterday’s RoboCop Day festivities in Detroit — meant to honor the cyborg peace officer with the unveiling of a successfully Kickstarted bronze statue — were cancelled, but someone claiming to be RoboCop did show up at Comerica Park to throw out the first pitch before the evening’s Tigers game. And you know what? He’s a terrible pitcher.
As you can see in the video below, the so-called RoboCop throws with no pep whatsoever. He barely reached home plate! Just look at that video and see for yourself!
We suspect shenanigans here, especially since this apparent Faux-boCop arrived wearing a costume modeled after the 2014 remake. That’s no way to honor a national treasure like the one portrayed by Peter Weller in Paul Verhoeven’s sci-fi classic from 1987.
- ‘MLB The Show 18’: How to master pitching and keep runners off the basepaths
- Sibling rivalry: Honor View 10 vs. Huawei Mate 10 Pro camera shootout
- Moto G6 vs. Honor 7X: Which is the better budget phone?
- Think inside the box with these tricked-out shipping container homes
- The best movies on Hulu right now