Much of yesterday’s RoboCop Day festivities in Detroit — meant to honor the cyborg peace officer with the unveiling of a successfully Kickstarted bronze statue — were cancelled, but someone claiming to be RoboCop did show up at Comerica Park to throw out the first pitch before the evening’s Tigers game. And you know what? He’s a terrible pitcher.
As you can see in the video below, the so-called RoboCop throws with no pep whatsoever. He barely reached home plate! Just look at that video and see for yourself!
We suspect shenanigans here, especially since this apparent Faux-boCop arrived wearing a costume modeled after the 2014 remake. That’s no way to honor a national treasure like the one portrayed by Peter Weller in Paul Verhoeven’s sci-fi classic from 1987.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath expansion features a new story and RoboCop
- ‘District 9’ director to helm direct sequel to the original 1987 ‘Robocop’
- 8 times that movie and TV sci-fi got the future right
- What do RoboCop, Channing Tatum, and the X-men have in common? A Gambit movie
- Detroit celebrates RoboCop Day, cyborg cop set to throw out first pitch at Tigers game